Sunday, December 2, 2007

Hotel Kome - Bamako Mali



Well, one never knows how the accommodations will be. The Hotel Residence Kome will be just fine. I have wireless internet and a clean room. More importantly, i noted the sigh to the SC office not more than 5 minutes away. That will save valuable time and expense picking me up. This morning, after 5 hours of blessed sleep, I walked upstairs to the tiny restaurant. Mali, being a former French colony will be delightful. Wonderful french breads and french style place settings. It is a modest hotel, but better than I imagined.



On of the best parts of trip, especially when I arrive at night, is to awaken and look out my window, like Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz movie after her house landed. It does seem that all changes from a black and white image to one of color. At least, the color of a new place for me.

1 comment:

Edward G. Happ said...

David,

Thank you; a wonderful read! I loved the geocache story and your ever-prgamatic tips on packing and traveling :) Save travels,

Ed