Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Save the Children - Yangon, Myanmar



I checked into the Summit Park View hotel late that evening finding one of the better hotels that I have stayed in. this always makes for a comfortable stay but I always have concerns for the cost. Eventually I found it to be a great value, not only in that it was less than ten minutes from the Save the Children office, but the basic room rate amounted to but US$38! It was explained to me that international economic sanctions had hurt businesses who were striving for tourist dollars.




The next morning I awoke and pulled back my hotel room curtains hoping that I might be somewhat near the 2,500 year old Shwedagon Temple which looms over the city covered in over 600 tons of gold. There it was, just to the east! I would makesure that I would be able to pay a visit.

It was, even at this early hour, quite warm and very humid. It was now Wednesday morning and soon a driver would arrive to pick me up for that first day at the nearby office. I had already emailed my Scope of Work and detailed training plans, so my principle contact, Naida Pasion & I both should be ready for the days activities.












No comments: