Monday, August 13, 2007

In Hanoi



My flight from Bangkok arrived at the airport here in Vietnam a little before 8PM and I was comfortably installed in my 4th floor room at the Green Park Hotel in downtown Hanoi before 10PM. I was able to get a pretty good nights sleep, but the time zone difference with my departure country of Uganda the prior day had me predictably up at 2AM.

Traffic, even at night, is different here. The two lane roads coming in from the airport has many motorcycles in the right lane, and the cars and trucks in the left lane. As we entered the heart of Hanoi, many young couples were out for a cooler foray on their motorcycles. It is hot and very hunid here, much more so than any other place that I have been in the world, even Bangladesh and the Philippines.

I am awaiting my ride to the nearby Save the Children office after having breakfast up on the top floor of the hotel. This is one of the better hotels that i have stayed at, which I partly rate by having a in-room hot water maker for coffee!

No comments: